Every day, there is something new for Donald Trump to freak out about as he realizes that his time in the White House is becoming extremely limited. Today, America was floored over the back to back bombshells about Trump’s former right-hand men, former campaign chair Paul Manafort and former lawyer Michael Cohen.
In a memo about Manafort, Special Counsel Robert Mueller had stated, “In his interviews with the Special Counsel’s Office and the FBI, Manafort told multiple discernible lies –– these were not instances of mere memory lapses.” And even worse, Cohen’s sentencing memo contained information about Trump committing a felony.
The real news right now is not about Cohen’s sentence. It is about the conclusion by federal prosecutors that Donald J. Trump has committed a serious felony.
— Neal Katyal (@neal_katyal) December 7, 2018
WH statements on SCO filings: pic.twitter.com/mSMMP30WIb
— Jim Acosta (@Acosta) December 8, 2018
Trump himself had reacted to the news, clearly ignoring what the memo really said so he could claim that he was “clear.”
Totally clears the President. Thank you!
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) December 7, 2018
The White House issued the same ignorant response, trying to paint the media of being fake news once again and making a story out of nothing. The Trump administration responded:
The government’s filing in Mr. Manafort’s case says absolutely nothing about the President. Once again, the media is trying to create a story where there isn’t one.”
White House Press Secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders also released a ridiculous statement where she ignored what had been said about Trump:
The government’s filings in Mr. Cohen’s case tell us nothing of value that wasn’t already known. Mr. Cohen has repeatedly lied and as the prosecution has pointed out to the court, Mr. Cohen is no hero.”
This is exactly how the Trump administration responds to very bombshell — no responsibility and complete gaslighting.
Featured image via screen capture